Saturday, July 17, 2010

Smelly Washing Machine vs Class Action Lawsuit

Maytag
Now that I'm waiting for my product to arrive, I actually found information on the Maytag lawsuit. Seems to be legit and not some rumor. After going to the official http://www.maytagfrontloadsettlement.com/ site, I found out that this is an old settlement from about 4 years ago back in 2006. So don't get excited, the settlement is basically over. It applied to people who bought their washer from 1997 to 2004. Sucks for me.

LG
However, I did find one that appears to be still ongoing for LG.  Murray Frank  filed this back in 2008 and updated the status as of February 2009. I guess there's a lot of mad people. I found a lot of pages but this one seems to sum up all the experiences at Consumer Affairs.


Whirlpool
Wow. Keep finding more..The Whirlpool one seems to be getting some momentum and looks current. This was filed by Lieff Cabraser back in April 2009. It has several states involved regarding the Whirlpool Duet series design flaws that causes accumulation of mold and mildew in the washing machine, odors that permeate the home, and having basically smelly clothes after a wash.

Ohio, California, Florida, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Arizona, Indiana, Maryland, North Carolina, and Texas.

There was an update literally this week on Monday 7/12/2010 in Ohio to certify as a class suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment