Friday, September 10, 2010

Smelly Washing Machine vs Affresh

I think this is really the first product that I bought that actually did anything. The main reason that I know is that the odor was reduced but additionally a lot of the mold flakes came off into the wash. It was utterly one of the more disgusting things that you can find in your washer but I knew that something was at least happening.

For me, I think the site did a good job of informing me what the product actually does. More or less telling me that the problem isn't on the inside of the washer drum, it's on the outside of the drum on the part that you can't see. Obviously, you really can't tell what's happening there unless you get the thing disassembled. At that point if you're going to do that, you may as well scrub the thing off yourself.

Going forward, yes, I still have a problem with the odor in my washer sorta, I will have to try this again with a towel in place. I've got an earlier photo with some remnants to show.

As for addressing the root cause for my particular washer, I think it was either this or the Oxyclean that actually did the job to clean the problem. Since I have a huge vat of Oxyclean, I can replicate this combination again if need be. So officially, I can't say that Affresh methodically cleaned my washer but if I don't have to put a towel under the door anymore to keep odors out of the rest of house, then I consider that a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment