Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Smelly Washing Machine vs Clorox

I'm now revisiting what might be the issue with each step in each attempt to remove the odor out of my washing machine. Which brings me back to the beginning.

I have to say that I started with bleach first because well for one reason. I already had it, well sorta. I had a little but needed more. Thing is that you can always use this for other things not just laundry. So buying another quart or something isn't going to be a problem for when you have to clean other things.

Regarding how well it actually cleaned the washer, I think overall it did a good job to mask the problem intiatially. I think had I been doing more hot washes along with bleach. I could have maintained a clean tub. Looking back at it all, it may not be the best solution for a smelly washing machine that has slowly become that way.

Would using Clorox or bleach by itself be the most effective way to get rid the odors? I'm not sure that I can conclusively say that it's ineffective. However, it was the first thing that I tried. Over a period of 2-3 washings with only bleach, my situation to tame the odor was marginal. So while it may have helped a little, I don't think it really addresses the root cause of the problem that I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment